Goals and Philosophy
1.) The overall goal of the Association is to provide a program for KIDS of the community that is FUN and will INSPIRE youth members to learn and practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship, and physical fitness. THE WESTPORT PAL FOOTBALL AND CHEERLEADING ASSOCIATION will meet its overall goal through the following objectives:
· Bringing area youth members closer together through a common interest in athletic competition,
· Providing supervised, organized, and safety-oriented learning environments,
· Teaching them the fundamentals of football and cheerleading,
· Collaborating closely with the Staples High school Programs
· Providing the opportunity to practice and play free from pressure to win at all costs,
· Using only those volunteers whose goals support these objectives.
2.) To have adults support and supervise youth members, teach and behave in an exemplary manner, and deep the welfare and interests of youth members foremost.
3.) To promote safety-first