Online Registration is Open for the Following PAL Football & Cheerleading Programs:
Westport Football Fans,
Are you ready for some football? We are! Registration is now open for all of our 2017 Football Programs.
The PAL Tackle Football program had its highest participation levels in over 5 years, and we are excited about some of the changes we are making this year to our Tackle program:
- Monday Night Lights - This is a football skills camp that will be open to all PAL football players (flag and tackle) from rising 3rd graders through 8th graders every Monday night during the summer at Staples High School football stadium. For players who are new to football, this program will serve as a fun introduction to the game and a chance to develop basic skills. For players with experience, this will be an excellent opportunity to hone skills and learn new positions.
- Enhanced Tackle Football Curriculum- In an effort to enhance the learning experience of the players there will be a standardized curriculum from 3rd-8th grade. This will include playbooks, practice plans and how skills are taught.
- New Tackle Football uniforms with home and away jerseys
- More Tackle Football games played at Staples High School
For the upcoming season, TACKLE FOOTBALL REGISTRATION FEES HAVE BEEN REDUCED:
- 3rd & 4th Grade: $450
- 5th-8th Grade: $550
- Monday Night Lights: $50
**These fees include helmet, shoulder pads, guardian caps, practice & game jerseys
- 3rd and 4th graders will ONLY practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Games will be held on Saturdays. This schedule will allow our football players the opportunity to play multiple fall sports. In 2016, approximately half of the tackle players in these two grades also played travel soccer.
- 5th graders will practice Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The majority of games will be held on Saturdays, but games may also be played on Sundays.
- 6th, 7th & 8th graders will practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Games may be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Pre-season practices for the 2017 season will begin August 14, with the Jamboree the weekend of August 26/27. Regular season games start the weekend of September 2, with playoffs starting October 28th.
In addition to our Tackle Football Program, we have a Flag Football Program for 1st-8th graders powered by the NFL Flag Program. Every Flag Football participant will receive a NFL Flag jersey and flag set. Flag registration is $200 for this season.
See below for a summary of all programs and a link to register online:
Fall Tackle - Grades 3-8 (Fall 2017 Grade). Program begins with Pre-Season practice on August 14, 2017, at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). See website for season details.
Fall Flag - Grades 1-2 and Grades 3-8 (Fall 2016 Grade). The program begins in September. More details will be posted to the Flag Football Page as they become available. The Program fee for Flag Football is $200.
Cheerleading - Grades 3 - 8 (Fall 2016 Grade). Preseason camp the week of August 15. Practice starts the week of August 22. Bantams (3rd & 4th Grade) practice Monday & Fridays from at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). Juniors (5th and 6th Grade) and Seniors (7th and 8th Grade) practice Monday and Friday from at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). Registration fees are $275 for Bantams, Juniors and Seniors. Practice days subject to change. Practice days and times to be confirmed soon - further details to follow.
Registration is ONLINE ONLY at http://www.westportpal.org/Registration/Default.asp?n=29744&org=westportpal.org&cat=Football%2FCheerleading
Please visit the website www.westportpal.org under the "Football", "Flag Football" and "Cheerleading" tabs for more information about these programs. Questions can be directed to
Mailing Address for payments not made online:
Westport PAL Football & Cheerleading
P.O. Box 3222
Westport, CT 06880