Online Registration is Open for the Following PAL Football & Cheerleading Programs:
Dear Westport PAL Families,
While spring has just arrived, we at Westport PAL Football and Cheerleading are already thinking of fall and would like to welcome you to the 2016 season!
Registration is now open online for all programs including Pre-Season Camps, Tackle Football, Flag Football and Cheerleading.
Your children's safety is our highest priority and every season we strive to improve our program. Our commitment to maintain our status as a national leader in safety has led to an increase in our costs over the past several years. Here are a few of the reasons:
- Since our last price increase, the PAL Football Board has adopted an unambiguous "safety first" philosophy. We continue to believe that this is the only way to responsibly manage the program.
- Since 2010, safety related expenditures have increased to over 30% of our operating budget due to the following commitments, all of which have a tangible impact on the safety and well being of our players
- Full time trainer at all practices and home games
- Annual equipment reconditioning and certification
- Steady annual replacement of older helmets in favor of more current models
- Lights at PJ Romano practice field for October and November periods when early sunset creates dangerous practice conditions
- Annual Coaches training and first-aid certification
- Other recurring expenses have also increased over time; referees, general administrative expenses
- Over the past few years, enrollment has experienced a decline of roughly 10%, lowering our operating revenue. To meet the increased costs of running the program to our high standards AND balance the budget, we have relied more and more on fundraising campaigns. This includes individual and corporate sponsorships as well as our large fundraising raffle effort. The Board believes it is more prudent and financially responsible to narrow this gap through increased enrollment fees which more closely represent the cost of running the program.
See below for a summary of all programs and a link to register online:
Summer Camp - Grades 7-8 (Fall 2016 Grade) from 5pm-7:30pm, Monday through Thursday, August 15-18 at P.J. Romano (Saugatuck Elementary School). Camp fee is $225. Registration is NOT through the PAL website for this program. Contact Staples Head Coach Marce Petroccio (Coach P) for more information at (203) 341-1269 or
. For a printable signup form: CLICK HERE
Fall Tackle - Grades 3-8 (Fall 2016 Grade). Program begins with Pre-Season practice on August 15, 2016, at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). See website for season details. The cost for the Tackle Program is $575. For 3rd and 4th graders ONLY if you register before June 30, 2016 the cost of the Tackle Program will be $475 and after this date it will go back up to $575.
Fall Flag - Grades 1-2 and Grades 3-8 (Fall 2016 Grade). The program begins in September. More details will be posted to the Flag Football Page as they become available. The Program fee for Flag Football is $200.
Cheerleading - Grades 3 - 8 (Fall 2016 Grade). Preseason camp the week of August 15. Practice starts the week of August 22. Bantams (3rd & 4th Grade) practice Monday & Fridays from at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). Juniors (5th and 6th Grade) and Seniors (7th and 8th Grade) practice Monday and Friday from at PJ Romano Field (Saugatuck Elementary School). Registration fees are $275 for Bantams, Juniors and Seniors. Practice days subject to change. Practice days and times to be confirmed soon - further details to follow.
Registration is ONLINE ONLY at http://www.westportpal.org/Registration/Default.asp?n=29744&org=westportpal.org&cat=Football%2FCheerleading (except for the Grade 7 and 8 Summer Camp as noted above).
Please visit the website www.westportpal.org under the "Football", "Flag Football" and "Cheerleading" tabs for more information about these programs. Questions can be directed to
Mailing Address for payments not made online:
Westport PAL Football & Cheerleading
P.O. Box 3222
Westport, CT 06880