Online Registration is Open for the Following PAL Football & Cheerleading Programs:
Westport Football Fans -
Are you ready for some football? We are! Registration is now open for our 2018 Football Programs. Registration can be accessed at http://westportpal.org/Page.asp?n=9896&org=WESTPORTPAL.ORG
The PAL Tackle Football program had a tremendous 2017 season, with the addition of an enhanced, uniform curriculum and our Monday Night Lights offering paying dividends on the field. Westport had 4 teams advance to the FCFL semifinals, 2 teams advance to the FCFL championship game, with our 8th grade team winning the FCFL Championship! Congratulations to our players, parents, and coaches. We are excited to continue to build on 2017 with the following offerings in addition to our tackle football season:
- 7 – on – 7 Grip It & Rip It Tournament – This is a new program offered by the Fairfield County Football League. This is a non-contact tournament, and will mirror the 7–on–7 Grip It & Rip It High School Tournament hosted in New Canaan. The tournament is scheduled for June 10th, and you must be registered for Tackle football to participate. Details regarding tournament location and grades that will participate are currently being worked out. Please look for further communication soon.
- Staples High School Summer Youth Football Camps – This is a football skills camp that will be open to all PAL football players (flag and tackle) from rising 2nd graders through 8th graders, that will be offered from Aug 6th -8th from 6:30pm - 8pm. For players who are new to football, this program will serve as a fun introduction to the game and a chance to develop basic skills while wearing a football helmet and shoulder pads. For players with experience, this will be an excellent opportunity to hone skills and learn new positions in their gear. Players will be rotated through skill circuits run by our High School Staff in groups by their grade, learning age appropriate skills. All players will learn both offensive and defensive concepts and skills, have some fun competitions, and have an opportunity to interact with our high school players.
- More Tackle Football games played at Staples High School
For the upcoming season, FOOTBALL REGISTRATION FEES will be as follows:
- 4th Grade Tackle: $475
- 5th-8th Grade Tackle: $575
- Staples Youth Football Camp: $100
**These fees include your PAL Membership fee, helmet, shoulder pads, guardian caps, practice & game jerseys
- 3rd and 4th graders will ONLY practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with games held on Saturdays. This schedule will allow our young football players the opportunity to play multiple fall sports. In 2016 & 2017, approximately half of the tackle players in these two grades also played travel soccer.
- Practices for 5th – 8th graders will be determined by our head coaches prior to the start of the season, and games can be played on Saturday or Sunday.
- Pre-season practices for the 2018 season will begin August 13, with the Jamboree the weekend of August 25th/26th. Regular season games start the weekend of September 1st, with playoffs starting October 27th.
In addition to our Tackle & Travel Flag Football Program, we have a In Town Flag Football Program and Cheerleading Program:
- Our Flag Football Program is for 1st-8th graders powered by the NFL Flag Program. Every Flag Football participant will receive a NFL Flag jersey and flag set. Flag registration is $225 for this season, and includes the PAL Membership fee.
- Our Cheerleading Program is for 3rd-8th graders and registration will be $300. Please contact Joanna Mitchell (
) with any questions regarding Cheerleading.
In April, we will hold parent informational sessions to meet our new Staples Head Football Coach and discuss the PAL Tackle Football Program. You will have the opportunity to meet the coaches, learn about our 3rd-12th grade program philosophy and offerings, our coaches training and curriculum, as well as key FCFL and Westport PAL policies regarding play time and safety. Please watch for the email with specifics on the date(s) and time(s).
Sponsorship Opportunities: This year you can purchase a banner customized with your logo (and/or message) that will be displayed at PJ Romano throughout the season to advertise your business. The cost will be $500 per banner. We will only be selling a limited number of banners, so make sure to contact Joanna Mitchell (
) as soon as possible to order your banner and show your Wrecker pride.