Dear Westport PAL Football families:
On behalf of the entire Westport PAL Football Association, welcome to the start of the 2016 season!
The Westport PAL Football program is part of the Fairfield County Football League (FCFL). The league consists of Darien, Fairfield, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Westport, Wilton and NOW WESTON.
Westport PAL Football is committed to providing the children a fun and safe experience as they learn the fundamentals of football.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY A COPY OF THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATES AS WELL AS AN UPDATED MEDICAL FORM.
In order to help reduce the risk of injury, each football player will be issued a Shock Doctor mouth guard and chinstrap. They will be required to use the approved product we issue. If a child loses either one, they will not be allowed to play until the equipment is replaced. WESTPORT PAL WILL HAVE A CERTIFIED TRAINER AT EACH AND EVERY PRACTICE. THIS WILL ENSURE THAT PROPER MEDICAL ATTENTION IS AVAILABLE.
All PAL coaches are now required to take and pass CPR/First Aid & AED, TAKE a Concussion Course, Criminal Background check and NYSCA course.
Parents are encouraged to work with coaches directly on any issue that comes up. Parents may talk to Coaches prior to practices/games or after practices or games not during. If a parent cannot resolve the issue with the coach, they are to contact the grade commissioner through the PAL website. The process is under the Communication tab.
NOTES FOR THE 2016 SEASON.
- Preseason Practice for grades 3rd-6th (Tackle football only) will begin Monday August 15th from 5:30pm – 7:30PM at Saugatuck Elementary School PJ Romano Field.
- Preseason Camp for grades 7th-8th (Tackle football only) will begin Monday, August 15th from 5pm-7:30pm with Coach Petroccio and the rest of the Staples High School Football Staff at Saugatuck Elementary School PJ Romano Field.
- All Players are required to bring two (2) filled water with their name and grade on it.
- Equipment Distribution: (PAL Club House) Equipment distribution will be in mid June.
- Practice Schedule:
August 15th – 18th: 7th-8th graders - 5:00pm – 7:30pm (Preseason Camp with Coach P and the Staples High School Staff)
August 19th: 7th-8th graders - 5:30pm-7:30pm - Practice
August 15th - 19th - 3rd-6th graders - 5:30pm-7:30pm - Practice
August 22nd – 27th, Practice for ALL grades 5:30pm -7:30pm
August 27-28 FCFL Mandatory Jamboree
September 3 - 4 First Week Games
Starting the week of September 5, practices are 3 days a week (except for 3rd and 4th graders who will practice two days a week) - (See Fall practice page)
6. The regular season games will begin on September 3rd & 4th.
7. August 27 & 28 there will a mandatory Jamboree all league scrimmage
8. Tentative Team splits will be made August 26th and announced to the kids that weekend. The final team splits will be announced September 2nd.
9. Games will be played on Saturdays, Saturday nights and Sundays. A Game schedule will be available online the week of August 29th.
10. Practice cancellations will be posted on the Website by 3pm of that day. You will be able to find this information at www.westportpal.org. Go to the team page and click on your child’s team for all team information.
11. We are also looking for volunteers to help with fundraising, team parents and reports. If you are interested please email us at
12.Team and individual pictures will be taken the week of September 5th. Westport PAL Football Association provides each child with a free memory mate. Parents can purchase more pictures if desired. Flyers will be handed out the week of August 29, 2016.
We will send out information by email as it becomes available. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You can reach us at westportpal.org
Thank you-- and get ready for an exciting 2016 Fall season!
Westport PAL Football & Cheerleading Association