Welcome to the Westport PAL's Coaches Certifications,
Please read below carefully. There are 3 actions you will complete online, 2 certifications and 1 criminal background check. Instructions for each are detailed below. In addition to these online modules, we will hold first-aid and CPR/AED training at the PAL clubhouse at a date and time TBD.
Follow the below instructions for certification. PLEASE BE WARNED not all courses save progress so I encourage you to complete all requirements. As a reminder, no coaches will be allowed on the field until we have received a full set of certifications
1. Become a member of National Alliance of Youth Sports at NAYS.org and Complete the on line clinic
The National Youth Sports Coaches Association (NYSCA) training program gives volunteer coaches a strong foundation in coaching, prepares them for their important responsibilities, as well as holds them accountable to a Code of Conduct defined by the NYSCA Coaches' Code of Ethics Pledge.
The approximately three hour video-based training covers Coaching Youth Sports plus one sport.
The training can be completed online or by attending a live clinic hosted by a local Chapter.
Live clinics hosted are by a local Chapter and allow for valuable interaction and discussion amongst coaches. A Chapter is a local youth sports organization which has chosen to offer the NYSCA program to its coaches. Over 3,000 Chapters exist in all 50 states and on U.S. military bases internationally. For instance, Parks & Recreation Departments, youth associations, Boys & Girls Clubs, Police Athletic Leagues and YMCAs may all be Chapters.
2. CDC - HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING CERTIFICATION
At the outset of the module make sure to enter your full name as you'd like it to appear on your certificate. At the conclusion of the test, be sure to print the certificate using the link provided on the "congratulations" page. Your completion will not be saved so entering your name at the beginning, completing the module AND printing the certificate is required. MAKE SURE YOUR NAME APPEARS ON THE PRINTED CERTIFICATE BEFORE CLOSING THE SESSION
3. CBC - CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
· click on Football Westport PAL Pay ½ way down page
· Complete required fields and sign using your mouse.
· Open PDF to view the form. Please print the signed form and keep for your records
· Submit the order using the “submit this order now” button
· You will receive an order number. Send me the 5 digit order number confirming the information was submitted.
4. Positive Coaches Allaince or NYSCA Certified
5. CPR/FIRST AID, AED Certified