2014 Spring Track Camp Details
WPAL Spring Track and Field
This camp will introduce athletes to the sport of track and field. Whether your looking to get in shape or compete in a track and field event. The program offers something for all athletes in any sport. Learn how to train and develop, speed, power and endurance through track and field drills.
If your just looking to improve your child's overall fitness level this camp is for you.
Highlights of the camp include:
*Event specific training
* teach athletes how to prepare to train for any sport
* teach all parts of an active dynamic warm up
* Introduce athletes to drills used to develop speed, agility, and endurance.
* Devise workouts for track and field events
* Individual assessment of each athlete
* Westport Pal Track Performance Top ( Uniform competing athletes)
* Instruction from Staples High School Girls Head Coach; Jesse McCray and
former Ct. State Champion and All New England Athlete; Joselyn Henry
Each participant will have the opportunity to compete at the
USATF CT. Association - Open/Masters Track and Field Championship.
May: 2, 4, 9,16,18,23,25, 30, June: 1, 6
Location: Staples High School Track
Time: Sundays 9:00 - 11:00, Friday 5:00 - 7:00
Camp Fee : 300.00
For more information contact; Jesse McCray at (203)243-8929 or EM:
USATF Connecticut Association Youth Outdoor Track & Field Meet
Date: June 22, 2014, Time: 8:00 AM Location: Plumb Field Hill @ Litchfield High School.
WPAL Instructor's Achievements
* 10th year Staples High Girls Track and Field coach
* 4 Western Division Titles
* 1 FCIAC Championship Title
* 1 State Championship
* Two time Connecticut Post- Coach of the Year
* Six time FCIAC Coach of Distinction Award
* 2013 FCIAC Girls Track Coach of the Year
* Former Staples High School Track captain holds the school record in the Shot put & Discus
* Ct Post - Track Athlete of the Year
* State Champion Discus Thrower
* All New England in the Shot put & Long Jump
* Former Collegiate Track Athlete at Sacred Heart University