Westport CT 06880 The Westport Police Athletic League is a leading non profit organization providing youth athletic programs and community events to the town of Westport Ct.Nationally recognized for their volunteerism and trail blazing athletic programs
CAMP HOURS: 9:00AM -11:00AM,
AUGUST 17-220, Monday-Friday. Location: PJ Romano Field at Saugatuck Elementary School Camp Fee is $150 for all 4 days---prorating is not available for missed days.
Pre-requisite for Summer Camp: YOU MUST BE REGISTERED IN THE TACKLE PROGRAM AND IN GRADES 4-6 IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS CAMP
* Campers are trained by PAL Coaches, former College & Staples football players.
* Through contact, station-based training, we provide grade appropriate skill development for kids in grades 3-5.
* Kids learn to run, throw, catch, defend, form block, form tackle and explode out of their stance with proper technique and improved speed.
* Camps feature safe, contact football instruction that challenges experienced players and effectively introduces newcomers to the game.
* Strength training, nutrition or sports psychology provide additional instruction by our personal trainer .
Campers are divided into groups based on grades so each receives the highest quality training experience.
New players will develop fundamental motor skills, gain confidence and have fun. In addition to fundamental football instruction, new players will participate in other sport activities to develop overall coordination and provide a full athletic experience. We teach all playing positions.
Kids will learn to run, throw, catch, defend, form block, form tackle and explode out of their stance with proper technique and improved speed. We run active camps so kids get multiple chances. With patience and encouragement, kids gain confidence and that's what it's all about.
9:00 Warm-Ups, Motivation
9:15 Speed and Agility
9:30 Offensive Skills Stations
9:50 Defensive Skills Stations NEW DEFENSE
10:10 Team Play
10:30 Skill Challenge Games