The Westport PAL is proud to announce its new partnership with Fairfield County’s own Chad Upshaw. Chad is a formal NFL & College standout. Chad Attended University of Buffalo and played with the Denver Bronco’s and the Carolina Panthers.
Chad will be helping the PAL football program & players to develop the skill needed to be successful on and off the playing field.
Chad is available for private football instruction as well as combine and camp preparation. For more information contact Chad at
Call at 203-767-9671
'98-'00 Fairfield Warde HS
- 1 Varsity letter in football
- 2 V letters in Basketball
'00-'02 St. Joseph's HS
- 2 V letter in football baseball and basketball
- 2001 State Champ in basketball
- All-League, All-State, All-American in football and basketball.
- All-league in baseball
- Played in and scored the games only touchdown in Hall of Fame Classic
Connecticut HS All-Star game for the winning South team.
- 2002 Full athletic scholarship to the University at Buffalo
- '03-'06 Started all 4 years at tight end (46 games)
- 3x Helmet Award winner (offensive MVP)
- 2006 UB's Most improved player award (team)
- 2005 Played Varsity basketball for University at Buffalo
- 2006 first team All-MAC
- School record 22 consecutive games with a reception
- All-time leader in receptions and receiving yards for a tight end.
- First player in school history to be invited to the NFL combine
- Started in two Senior College All-Star games: The Magnolia Gridiron Classic
Inta Juice North vs. South
- Signed as a free agent by the Carolina Panthers in 2007
- Played for both Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos in the 2007 NFL season.
- 2008 Re-signed by the Carolina Panthers off waivers & played 2008 season with
- 2009-2010 had free agent workouts for multiple NFL teams, meanwhile was an
Assistant Varsity football coach & head Middle school basketball coach at
ProvidenceDay School in Charlotte, NC.
- 2011 played in the European Football League for the Badalona Dracs of